Subscribe via email!!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Progression, Part 1: Inner Focus.



"There is always an inner game being played in your mind no matter what outer game you are playing. How aware you are of this game can make the difference between success and failure in the outer game." -Tim Gallwey

Sometimes it gets hard to blog about a subject that is so abstract such as in the case of inner game. There is no magic pill that takes away approach anxiety or cures all your self esteem issues. Everything about pick-up takes an immense amount of work to get really good at it. People ask me all the time how did you get so good so quick at pick-up, well I like to think of myself not as good but as progressive. I have progressed so quick because of my focus, it has been rock solid since day one of my commitment to mastering social interactions. If I had to break down my structure on how to get progress quick without sacrificing important lessons, I would first start with inner game.

I think that Entropy says it best when he says that pick up is self-help in disguise. When it comes to inner game there are certain things that I did that I felt helped me out in a very drastic way.

First is to identify limited beliefs. This is very important because the first law of change is that you CANOT change what you do not acknowledge. Here is a quick exercise to help you identify your limited beliefs.

Exercise #1

Part 1:

Write down in a journal a detailed response on how you feel about each of the following topics.

  • Your appearance and looks
  • What you've been doing for the past two hours.
  • Your intelligence.
  • Your competence.
  • Your skills and abilities.
  • Your worth.
  • How would you rate your value as a person from 1-10

Part 2:

Imagine that you are about to approach a woman and open her. You find her very attractive and you know you are seconds away from the approach as you see standing there.

What are you saying to yourself?
Take time and write down EVERYTHING that is going through your head, really put yourself into the situation. Write down as much of this conversation as you can.

Now that you have completed this first exercise What do you notice about your limited beliefs? Remember that a limited belief is any belief that limits you in a negative way. An example of this would be, “I am a big guy therefore I cannot get a 10.” That belief is limited and thus identify it and write it down in your journal.

I started this post off saying that if you want to get good at this stuff you need to put in a lot of work. This type of work is emotionally draining but the benefits transcend pick up and spill into everything you think and do. You can only fake confidence for so long until you are forced to address the person who stares back at you in the mirror. You can recreate yourself and be the best you but all these things take time and here is the first step.

0 comments:

Followers

 

The Mind of Mayson. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates