Subscribe via email!!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, December 3, 2007

Who am I? My journey to becoming a pick up artist


I grew up as a kid who was overweight my entire life. My mom raised me and we did not have much money so I took solace in food to comfort me. I was popular in school because of my friends and personality but I never had a girlfriend. As time went on, I gained more weight and spiraled into a deep depression. It seemed as though everywhere I turned my friends where the ones getting the girls and I was the fat kid who watched it all on the sidelines.

From as far back as I can remember I was always second place in this race. I remember my first dance at a summer campground, my friend and I were about eight at the time and we both liked this girl. He kissed her at the end of the night and I walked home alone feeling a sinking feeling in my gut. His mothers asked me what is wrong, I told her I wanted to kiss the girl and she replied with a caustic,

“Let him have his chance you will get it one day.”

That one day never came. This was the story of my life until I discovered the community but more about that later.

During my AFC days I met this girl (who became my girlfriend and still do not know how maybe it was pity) and we bonded. I thought she was the one who I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I waited to have sex with her because I wanted to respect her; she did not reciprocate that respect and slept with her friend telling me about it over the phone one night. I would have chopped off my arm for her if she asked me too and this relationship took a toll on my self-image. Anger turned to sadness, which turned to depression, and for 4 years, I barely acknowledged I existed.

I decided to pursue my Psychology degree and began taking classes on relationships. It was in those bleak and desperate times that I found the community. At first I paid very little attention to it and thought that it had to be a bunch of crap. Months would fly by and I would still remember seeing the book that would change my life, “The Game.” Finally, I decided to do something about it and really commit to seeing what this was all about. I read so much in the first couple of months that my eyes burned. Magic Bullets, the attraction forums, VA handbook and the list goes on. I got to the point that I would take the audio books and play them on my Ipod so I could squeeze in more time to learn. I started going to the gym, dropped 40 lbs already and have been on a weight lifting circuit. I learned to open a set, build attraction, qualify her, build comfort and then close. Three months into this journey I am starting to teach others the skills that I have acquired.

I want the pick up arts to enrich my life not define it. For me it is not about racking up lays, it is about building a life in which I am confidant and comfortable in ANY situation.
Like anything worth doing, it takes dedication and work but believe me it is worth it.

Thanks for listening to my journey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Are you in Boston?

DH

Dave on December 31, 2007 at 9:45 AM said...

I like your blog dude.

New Social Systems on January 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM said...

cool!! Thanks man, glad to know someone is reading it!

Unknown on March 6, 2008 at 12:25 AM said...

i found ur post very humbling and motivational : )

Followers

 

The Mind of Mayson. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates