Subscribe via email!!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

field report.. My day 2


I remember when I got into the community I heard someone say that you should trust your instinct. Now looking back over the last year I can understand what they mean.


Recently I had a day 2 with this girl and we decided to meet for coffee at Barnes. I am a big fan of doing something really low key on day 2’s and then venue bouncing to various locations. She was super shy and so anyone who knows me knows that I joke a lot and it really helped her break down some walls. I started my comfort phase and talked about my childhood and talked about the first book that I read. Now normally this is not part of my comfort game to talk about my first book but since we were in Barnes it was logical to. She smiled and thought it was cute and sarcastically said wow, you really miss that book huh, want to go find it? I laughed.. paused for about 2 seconds and said, “hell yah lets go to the kid’s section.”


We made our way there and she found the book. It was cool because I haven’t seen it in YEARS. I looked at the book for a minute with a smile on my face and told her to sit on the floor I am going to read it to you. Her face got red and I sat on a stool and opened the book. As I finished the first page a couple of kids came over and asked if they could listen. I smiled big and said, “sit down next to this pretty girl and listen in.” Her face had the most sincere smile I have ever seen in my life on it.


As I continued reading an old lady came over and asked me if her son could listen as well. I smiled and said sure. The ladies son wondered around a bit and didn’t pay much attention to the story. As the story finished I got up and the lady came over to me and my date. She apologized for her son’s misbehavior. I told her it was not a big deal he is a kid. She said no you don’t understand he has autism and no one ever reads to him so thank you very much you made his day. My dates face dropped and I smiled and said the pleasure was all mine.

I walked off and she stopped me and grabbed my hand. She told me that she was amazed by me and wants to spend a lot more time together…. I think it went good :P


The lesson here is NOT to go lying about your stories in life so you too might get an autistic kid to read to. The lesson is have fun and give value to EVERYONE cause you just might make someone’s day.


Email me at MaysonPUA@GMAIL.com



0 comments:

Followers

 

The Mind of Mayson. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates