Subscribe via email!!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Guide to Fashion...



You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

How we perceive a person is judged in a split second and this is why you will never get a second chance to make a first impression. Look at the following picture and what is your first impression.

Look at the next picture and what is your impression?

Women size you up in seconds and once you know this and understand it you should allow this to be an advantage rather then disadvantage. Fashion can be used to DHV you and add to your value constantly without you saying a thing. Without verbalizing anything you state that you are cultured, have social value and have physical attractiveness.


People ask all the time what is the quickest way to change your outer game. My answer is found here in fashion. There are steps that you can do right now to get instant results that will help your game but like all things, it takes knowledge and then action. That being said please note that being the most fashionable man in the world will not replace your lack of inner game. Becoming fashionable will increase your confidence, and positively influence your inner game.

First lets go over some sexy sterotypes:


-Rock Star
-Thug/Rapper
-Artist
-Hipster
-Wall-Street Guy in a suit
-Latin Lover/Club Player
-Metrosexual
-Skateboarder
-Surfer
-Punk
-Euro-Trash
-Dreadlock Guy
-Guy in Eyeliner
-Biker
-Goth Guy
-Mafia Guy

Personally I embrace a metro-rocker look that works well for my personality as well as my job. This look has taken me 9 months to fully get and there are times where I still add and take things away so understand that creating this “avatar” is a process just like pick up is a process that you learn over time.

6 Steps to Sexy Stereotyping

1. “What other people think of you is none of your business”

Understand that it is 100% irrelevant what other people think of you. You have to be willing to embrace the change no matter what your friends and family will say, after all you are here to better yourself and your success with women. Any change is hard at first but as people get accustom to it they too will see it’s benefits.

This point is best illustrated in the following story. I went shopping with my friend and he saw my shoes and wanted something similar. He just started getting involved in pick up and thought it would be a good investment. That night he went out with a bunch of friends to a movie and all the guys started ripping on him about how gay he looked. As they were doing this one of the guys girlfriends entered the movie theater and looked at the shoes and said, “Oh my God are those cowboy boots? I love them I am so much more attracted to you now.” All the guys stood there wide eyed and mouths open. By the end of the night they were all like hey man where did you get those.


2. Take an active interest in fashion

Knowledge is power plain and simple. The more you know about a topic the more you are going to be able to use that knowledge to tweak your own style.



3. Find a master model with your body type

If you are a big guy then find bigger guys who dress good. Same with tall, short or any other body type. Save pictures of these people!


4. Model your style after that person

Find a celebraty or someone famous who you want to model your style after and get a ton of pics of them so that you can reference these at any time. Here are some that I suggest:


These are a few.. Find one you like and google it for pictures.


5. Test it out

Go to the mall and don’t worry about game. If you have some friends who are girls bring them with you and ask their advice. Girls can help you with matching and what will look good on you so use their advice. Try stuff on and DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TRY NEW THINGS. Some of the best outfits that I own I got because I tried something that I thought looked stupid on.


6. Expand and refine it

You should be trying to convey the following when you wear an outfit:

Educated in cutting edge fashion
Well/interestingly groomed
Current and up to date
Understands Subtle Communication
Dominant, Attractive, Elite, Access to Resources

To do this you must expand and refine constantly so that you are getting the most bang for you buck. This should look effortless! PLEASE NOTE: (No woman ever wants to know how long it took you to get ready. Women want men, not boys that take longer to get ready than they do. Take any compliments about your outfit in stride; never let a woman know how hard you have worked on getting your look together. You always want to appear SMOOTH and EFFORTLESS.)

FIT, COLOR AND WTF TO DO??!?!

“Clothing is the outward expression of the inner person. It’s important to dress in a way that sends the right message but also looks effortless and natural. Wearing clothing that is inappropriate to your inner character is the biggest mistake a man can make in terms of fashion.” -Giorgio Armani

The #1 rule of looking good is GET CLOTHES THAT FIT CORRECTLY! I am willing to be that most people have no idea how clothes are supposed to fit! I can explain in in 6 pages of text or you can see for yourself so stop right now and watch this slide show and see how just getting clothes that fit make a drastic change.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_6426

Now that you can see the example of how things SHOULD fit here are a couple of key concepts to fit.

Shirts and Blazers. The fit along your shoulders is most important. Generally speaking, the shoulder seam should be right at the point where your shoulder crests, or begins to fall sharply. As a general rule, most men wear shirts and jackets which are too big. When in doubt, go with the smaller size! The following is an example of a proper fitting shirt and pants combo!

Something that doesn’t fit….
















And now….. Something that fits correctly on the same person.

Big difference!

A good blazer is something that is an investment but work the price! If you are a bigger guy go with pin stripes and a dark color, I recommend black or dark navy blue.

Jeans and Pants. Most people tend to buy too large. Buy your true waist size and inseam. Go to a tailor and get measured if you do not know what it is. I typically buy straight leg jeans because they will give you a much longer look in your legs. You want the jeans to fit snug because they will give a bit, just not so tight that we see the frank and beans.

Color primer
One rule that is essential is to figure out your base color. This means the color that works best for you. There are certain colors that everyone can wear: black, white and grey. Generally, you want to bring out the color of your eyes by matching a shirt with your eye color. I have a bright blue shirt that is flashy because my eyes are bright blue, you will be astounded how much it brings out your eye color. If you have brown eyes, brown, or tan will work well for you.

Shoes: Shoes get more attention the you guys can imagine. Shoes can make or break and outfit and it is one of the FIRST investments that anyone should make when it comes to changing your style. Personally, I am a big fan of Steve Madden, Mark Nasson and Aldo. I also really like boots as opposed to loafers most of the time and here are a couple of examples.


















Here is another example of my white loafers and on the left are a nice pair of shoes from Aldo, can you tell who doesn’t know how to shop for shoes in this picture?

Rules to live by in fashion:

Always match your belt with your shoes. This is a good rule to follow and it keeps things simple. It's best to stay with traditional colors such a black, dark brown or a rich tan. I often wear a white belt as well with some bad ass Steve Madden white loafers and a white tie.

Socks. Wear dark socks period. So many people wear white socks and it is so over done. I wear black socks 99% of the time.

Finally, TRY NEW THINGS! You never know what you are going to look like until you try it out and see how it looks. When I go to a club I want to look different then other people but not stupid. You want to stand out but not in a bad way. Everyone wears pin stripe collared button downs. There are many people who go to clubs looking like this:

Now with a little effort and knowledge that same person can look like this:

The reaction I get is always positive from girls and it gives me an opportunity to stand out in more then one way. The key here is not to look like a clown but someone who looks like they are well dressed and it is congruent with who you are. Wearing a fuzzy top hat will not get you laid and chances are you will just look like a moron. My rule when I go out is to wear something around my neck a girl can play with, wear wrist accessories and stand out in a good way. I also tend to wear my aviators in the club a lot because I always get sarcastic comments about how it is not sunny in here etc. I want people to say something to me positive or negative because from there I turn the conversation on. I remember one time where this girl who had some chode following her around saw my tie at the club and came up to me and said wow that is really lame as she grabbed for it. I told her if I cared what she thought I would be that guy who was following her around. The point is, be uniquely you!

If you guys have any questions let me know I am more then happy to help you all out!

EMAIL: maysonpua@gmail.com




0 comments:

Followers

 

The Mind of Mayson. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates